Dashboards module allows you to visualise real-time data by adding and arranging widgets. It enables you to create your custom view of a system and specific part of a system.
Dashboards module is located in the main menu within the Visualisation and Monitoring application.
There are two options to create Dashboards. You can create it from scratch or make a copy from the existing one.
Create from scratch
- Click the Add dashboard button on the home dashboard screen
- Select Create from Scratch
- In the new dialog type the name of your dashboard
- Enter scope (chose a semantic group from autocomplete dropdown menu)
- Click Share dashboard if you would like to share it with one or more user groups
- Click Save changes
You can create a new dashboard based on a selected dashboard. The new dashboard will get an addition ‘copy’ of the original dashboard.
- Click Add dashboard on the home dashboard screen
- Select Duplicate dashboard
- New dialog will pop up with the already populated name and scope (semantic group, visible but not editable)
- Click Share if you would like to share it with one or more user group
- Click Create dashboard
Note: The number of dashboards you can add depends on the Platform settings previously created.
Note: Prior to the next step, make sure you have connected at least one device to the Platform!
As a creator, you can edit either private or share dashboard. The other users need write permission on dashboards.
To edit dashboards:
- Go to Edit dashboard button on the top right
- New dialog will pop up where you can change the name of the dashboard
- Change Share indicator (optionally)
- Click Save
You can change your background image on your dashboard.
- Click the Change background button
- Upload an image in PNG or JPG format
- To save changes click Save
To delete dashboard:
- Click the Delete button
- New dialogue will appear
- Confirm the action by clicking Delete
Note: You can delete the entire dashboard without deleting widgets first!