After you have created device template, you will be able to proceed with creating a device.
There are two ways in which you can do that:
- Create template and click Save
- New Device template details window will appear
- Click the Create device button within this window
- Click the button displayed on the Devices initial screen
When you choose this option:
- New drop-down menu will display
- Opt for Create device
- New dialog will open displaying two steps which need to be completed
- In the Device template choose the template by clicking on a drop-down menu
- Click the Next step button
Enter the name of the device and optionally associate it with the unique, existing device key.
Device key is optional, so if you don’t provide any, the Platform will create one for the device you’re adding.
If you would like to create a semantic group with your device, select the Create semantic group from this device checkbox below.
- Click Save and dialog will appear with the key and password for this device
These credentials are critical for connecting physical device to the Platform, therefore it is very important that you write down, email or export them.
As we put security first, we don’t store these details and you will not be able to find them again.
Note: Only after you have saved this information, can you click the OK button and finish the process.
- Select one of the devices from the device list
- Click Delete to confirm the action
Note: If you delete a device, you will also delete its default semantics and its data. Additional semantics will not be deleted.