Within Data Semantics tab you can create: (sub)group, feed and calculated feed.
This section will guide you through the process of creating feed in an already created semantic group.
To create feed in a previously created semantic group:
- Find the semantic group you would like to create the feed for
- Click the button
- Choose Create feed from a drop-down menu
- New Feed screen will appear with all the prompts needed to create the feed and its features (thresholds)
In Feed details dialog enter:
- Feed Name
- Stale after value (displays number of minutes after which feed goes stale if there are no fresh updates - no new readings coming from a device) is 30 by default, but you can modify it
- Data Source (device/sensor from which the feed comes from)
- Feed Unit (e.g. Celsius, Fahrenheit, Meter, Litre…)
- Feed Parent (semantic (sub)group to which the feed will be added) field is already predefined
- Click Save to finalise the process
- The feed you created will be added to the semantic group in question (e.g. living room)
Within Feed screen you can also set thresholds for the feed you are creating. Feed threshold functionality allows you to set multiple, gradable thresholds on a feed, apart from its minimum and maximum values.
Note: Only after you enter Feed details, are you able to set Feed thresholds. They are initially disabled, by default.
Set Feed Thresholds
To set feed thresholds:
- Go to the Data semantics tab
- Selet the feed you would like to set the threshold for
If you are creating feed, this window will appear:
Feed thresholds dialog displays:
- Preview component graphically representing thresholds
- One row field with one interval as a range
The range is defined by minimum and maximum values.
- To create new threshold click the Split button next to the interval field
After performing a splitting action, the interval splits into two and a new interval row field appears.
In a new interval field define the State (normal, warning or alarm), the end value to which that interval will last (To field) and the message that will be displayed in the Messages module and in the Notifications drop-down.
- To, State and Message fields are directly copied to the threshold that is currently being set
- To, defined in the previous field, is set as From in the next active field
- All To fields are in the right order - from lower to higher value
Split action can be performed on all intervals.
With feed thresholds, you can edit:
- To fields except the first and the last one
- State (Normal, Warning and Alarm)
- From fields cannot be edited
Enable/Disable Feed Threshold
You can enable/disable threshold.
When disabled, the configuration will not be applied.
After disabling the threshold, alarm state will be reset to normal, by default.
If feed threshold is enabled after being disabled, feed state will turn to normal, warning or alarm depending the last sent value and current threshold settings.
Delete Feed Threshold
To delete feed threshold:
- Click the Remove button next to the interval field
The deleted interval will merge the two intervals before and after the deleted one. The left interval will be extended to the position of the deleted one.
Note: Delete action cannot be completed on the first interval.
For more information on how to edit feed, go to Create/Edit/Delete Semantic Group Data, Delete Semantic Group Data section.
Move to Option
Move the feed you are creating to another semantic group:
- Go to Feed parent text field in Feed details dialog
- Search the semantic (sub)group you would like to move the feed to
- After you have completed the editing, click Save to finalise the process
For more information on how to delete a feed, go to Create/Edit/Delete Semantic Group Data, Delete Semantic Group Data section.