with WolkAbout IoT Platform you can connect devices over TTN (The Things Network). This connection provides a bridge to end devices and WolkAbout IoT Platform, thus enabling data acquisition from TTN. It also allows user to create devices on WolkAbout IoT and TTN Platform.
TTN - WolkAbout Integration
Note: Prior to connecting device to WolkAbout IoT Platform you have to create an account on TTN!
- Go to Settings/Configuration button at the top right
- Select LoRa TTN Integration tab
- Set the appropriate parameters to make the connection between WolkAbout IoT Platform and TTN Application, as described below
Once you create an account on the TTN Platform and acquire all the required parameters, you will be prompted to enter them.
These parameters are:
- Application ID
- Application EUIS
- Access key
- Click the Generate Token button
You will get Token which you have to enter in the TTN Application/Integration text field, as shown below.
- Click Save to save the parameters
- Go to TTN Application/Integrations
- Choose HTTP Integration
- Enter generated token in the Authorization field
- URL (e.g.
- Fill in other required fields
- Click Add integration
For more information on how to create LoRa device go to https://www.hackster.io.
You can create LoRa TTN device after you have completed the LoRa TTN Integration.
- Go to Create Devices/Device Templates screen
- Click the button to create Device Template
- Select from Scratch
- Create and specify template with the following parameters:
- Device template name - required
- Description - optional
- Device type - standard
- Connectivity type - choose LoRa TTN
- Select JSON Multi Reference Protocol * Click Create device * LoRa specified template will be displayed
To continue click the Next step button and fill out empty fields with the appropriate parameters:
- Device name (on TTN it is Device ID)
- Device key (on TTN it is Device EUI)
Note: It must be the same on both sides!
- App key (optional - if not entered, it will be generated automatically and sent to TTN)
Select the Create semantic group from this device checkbox to create semantic group from this device.
For more information on how to create device template, please refer to Create/Update/Delete Device Template section of this guide.
Finally, click Save and your LoRa device will be created on WolkAbout IoT Platform and TTN.
Note: In case you have already created a TTN account and want to connect your device to WolkAbout Platform, the procedure is the same.