Reports in WolkAbout IoT Web application are presented as:
- Dashboard chart widget with live reading(s) in form of a chart
For more information on this, go to Handle Widgets section.
- Reports module displays the history of reading(s) along with other details and is located in the main menu on the Reports screen
Reports initial screen displays all the reports created. They are displayed as cards and can be edited or deleted.
To create a report:
- Go to the Reports screen
- Click the Add report button
- Create new report dialog will open with details you have to enter in order to make report
- Fill out the following information: Report name, define Date range for the report, select Reading type and add Feed which data you would like to display
- You can choose feeds from multiple semantic groups which need to belong to the same reading type and unit (e.g. semantic group 1: temperature 1; semantic group 2: temperature 2…)
- Click Save
- A window will appear with details of the report displayed on the screen and the readings of particular feed(s) represented in form of a chart
Note: You can choose up to 10 feeds.
Report Details Screen
If you hover the cursor over chart, it will display aggregated reading of a feed at a specific time.
You can set up a chart to display readings for today, yesterday, this week, last week and this month.
Pick a date option allows you to select a start and end date of the reading(s) you would like to be displayed.
Click the Download button to export and store the aggregated data in CSV file.
This is a zoom in/out functionality added to the Reports module. You are able to set custom zoom by choosing a range within the timeline you would like to zoom in/out of.
To use this functionality:
- Go to the report
- Select a particular period of time of the reading(s) to be displayed
- Resize and move the zoom bar at the bottom of the screen to zoom in/out
Depending on the range you have chosen, you have the possibility to zoom in within that range as well, by scrolling the mouse wheel.
Possible time range:
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice/three times, the time range will be resized to 10/5/1 minute(s) (see the screenshot below)
- 1-7 days
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice, the time range will be resized to 30 minutes/10 minutes
- 1-5 weeks
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice/three times, the time range will be resized to 2 hours/6 hours/30 minutes
- 5+ weeks
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once, the time range can be resized up to 24 hours
Map Location History Report
Map Location History Report displays start and end positions of user’s assets in a specified period. Assets with GPS have a tracking report.
To create a map point tracking report:
- Click the Add report button
- Create new report dialog will appear
- Enter all the required information
Note: You can choose up to 10 different location feeds.
- Click Save
- A window will appear displaying the map and marked location points
Click on a location marker to get the following information:
- Semantic group name
- Coordinates - latitude and longitude
- Start/finish - time and date of start and finish of the route for the selected date range/period
- Start point is marked with a location pin icon
- End point is marked with a finish flag icon
- Colour of the trajectory is darker as the trajectory approaches its end point
- If a map point report contains more than one location point, after you zoom it out, a cluster will appear on a map
- Click it and you will get the data about all the location points contained in the cluster
To export and store this data in CSV file, click the Download button.
Reports can be accessed by multiple users of the context if User management is available.
User who created a report is the owner of that report. There can only be 1 owner.
The owner can: rename, modify, update, delete report and fully access the report at all times.
There are two levels of access:
Report is created as Private by default.
Private reports are managed through the access list.
Access type can be: View and View/Modify.
Each user in the access list can have one of these two access types.
Public reports are shared to all users who have permissions to view Reports module.
To edit reports:
- Hover over report card
- Click the Edit icon
- Edit report dialog will appear
- In Details tab edit Report name, report Default date range, Reading type and Feed which data you are visualising with this report
- In Access tab, define the access permission for users you would like to have the access to the report you created or have the access to
- Access tab displays reports access permission list and the name of the user who created it (Creator)
- In new Add member text field add one or more users with whom you would like to share the report you have created or have the access to
Note: You can add an infinite number of members.
- To change the access permission from Private (default) to Public , choose Public from a drop-down list
- New Are you sure you want to change this asset access to public? dialog will appear
- Click CONFIRM
Remember that report can display only one type of feed (e.g. only temperature), therefore if you change the reading type of data displayed (e.g. temperature to pressure) you have to select a new feed(s) whose data will be displayed on the report.
If feeds are removed, a previously created report card with those feeds will have Feeds removed notice displayed.
If you click on it, the Edit report dialog will appear.
- You can add new feed(s) in the Add feed field
To delete a report:
- Click the Delete button that appears when you hover over card
- New dialog will appear asking you to confirm the action
- Click the Confirm button to do so