Reports can be presented in two ways in WolkAbout IoT Web application:
- Dashboard chart widget - enables you to see live reading(s) in form of a chart (see the Handle Widgets section for more information)
- Reports module - displays the history of reading(s) along with other details and is located in the main menu on the Reports screen
Reports initial screen displays all the reports created. They are displayed in form of tabs and can be edited or deleted.
To create a report:
- Go to the Reports screen
- Click the button
- Create new report dialog will open with a list of tabs representing different types of feeds (e.g. temperature, pressure, humidity, movement…) you have available on the Platform
- Click on the tab depending on the type of feed you would like to be displayed
- You will get the list of all the semantic groups containing the type of feed in question
- Choose up to ten feeds from multiple semantic groups which need to belong to the same reading type and unit (e.g. semantic group 1: temperature 1; semantic group 2: temperature 2…)
- Click Save
- A window will appear with details of the report displayed on the screen and the readings of particular feed(s) represented in form of a chart
Report Details Screen
If you hover cursor over chart, it will display the exact reading of a feed at a particular time.
You can set up a chart to display readings for today, yesterday, this week, last week and this month.
There is also Pick a date option which allows you to select a start and end date of the reading(s) you would like to be displayed.
If you would like to export and store this data in CSV file, you can do that by clicking the Download button.
This is a zoom in/out functionality added to the Reports module. You are able to set custom zoom by choosing a range within the timeline you would like to zoom in/out of.
To use this functionality:
- Click on the report
- Select a particular period of time of the reading(s) to be displayed
- Resize and move the zoom bar at the bottom of the screen to zoom in/out
Depending on the range you have chosen, you have the possibility to zoom in within that range as well, by scrolling the mouse wheel.
Possible time range:
- between 2 hours and 24 hours
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice/three times, the time range will be resized to 10/5/1 minute(s) (see the screenshot below)
- between 1 day and 7 days
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice, the time range will be resized to 30 minutes/10 minutes
- between 1 and 5 week(s)
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once/twice/three times, the time range will be resized to 2 hours/6 hours/30 minutes
- 5 weeks and more
If you move the wheel button of your mouse once, the time range can be resized up to 24 hours
To edit reports:
- Click the Settings button (appears when you hover your cursor over the report tab displayed on the screen)
- Create new report dialog will appear with a name field and a drop-down list of all the semantic groups that contain the type of feed in question
- Edit name and/or feed(s) displayed on a report card (e.g. temperature on the first floor to temperature on the second floor)
- Click Save
Remember that report can display only one type of feed (e.g. only temperature), therefore you cannot change the type of data displayed on a card (e.g. temperature to pressure) only semantic groups containing feeds that send the data (e.g. temperature in living room to temperature in bedroom).
To delete a report:
- Click the Delete button that appears when you hover over card
- New dialog will appear asking you to confirm the action
- Click the Confirm button to do so