WolkAbout IoT Platform is offering a possibility of connecting devices over TTN (The Things Network). This connection provides a bridge to end devices and WolkAbout IoT Platform, thus enabling data acquisition from TTN. It also enables the creation of devices on both Platforms, the WolkAbout IoT and TTN.
TTN - WolkAbout Integration
Prior to connecting a device to WolkAbout IoT Platform you have to create the application on the TTN
- Go to Settings page
- Access LoRa TTN Integration
- Set the appropriate parameters to make the connection between WolkAbout IoT Platform and TTN Application, as described below
Once you create the application on the TTN Platform, you will be prompted to enter the following parameters:
- Application ID
- Application EUIS
- Access key
By clicking on Generate Token you will get Token which you have to enter in the TTN Application/Integration text filed, as shown below.
To save parameters, click Save.
- Go to TTN Application/Integrations
- Choose HTTP Integration
- Enter generated token in the Authorization field
- URL (e.g.
- Fill in other required fields
To complete the integration, click Add integration.
Note: Only self-registered User (not the invited one) has the possibility to create this integration!
After you have completed the LoRa TTN Integration, you are ready to create LoRa TTN device:
- Go to Manifest Management page
- Click on the button to create device manifest
- Create and specify manifest with the following parameters:
- Device manifest name - required
- Description - optional
- Select JSON Multi Reference Protocol
- Connectivity type - choose LoRa TTN
- Device type - standard
By clicking on the Create device, LoRa specified manifest will be displayed.
To continue click on the Next step and fill in the empty fields with the appropriate parameters:
- Device name (on TTN it is Device ID)
- Device key (on TTN it is Device EUI)
- App key (optional - if not entered, it will be generated automatically and sent to TTN)
For more information on how to create device manifest, please refer to Create/Update/Delete Device Manifest section of this guide.
Don`t forget to click Save and your LoRa device will be created on both sides, WolkAbout IoT Platform and TTN.