After you have created device manifest, you will be able to proceed with creating a device.
There are two ways in which you can do that:
After you have created a manifest and clicked Save, new Device manifest details window will pop up
- Click on Create device within this window
- Click on the button displayed on the Device landing page
If you choose this option:
- New Choose type window will pop up
- Opt for Create device
- New window will open displaying two steps which need to be completed
- In the first one choose the manifest by clicking on a drop-down menu
- Click on the Next step button
In the next step, you need enter the name of the device and optionally associate it with the existing device key, which needs to be unique. The device key is optional, so if you don’t provide any, the Platform will create one for the device you’re adding.
If you would like to create a semantic group with your device, check the Create semantic group from this device box below.
- Click Save and pop-up will appear with the key and password for this device
These credentials are critical for connecting physical device to the Platform, therefore it is very important that you write down, email or export them.
As we put security first, we don’t store these details and you won’t be able to find them again.
Only after you’ve saved this info, can you click on the OK button to finish the process.
- Select one of the devices from the device list
- Confirm the action by clicking Delete
By deleting a device, you will also delete its default semantics and its data; additional semantics will not be deleted.