Last modified: April 7, 2020
I. Anonymous Use
You have the possibility of using the Site without giving us any Personal data. If you yourself do not actually provide us with any personal details (cf. Section II below), we do not collect and store any of your Personal data when you visit the Site.
II. Collection, Processing and Use of Information
What information WolkAbout collects about you and why: We collect very little information about our users. Mainly we collect four types of information:
- Personal data needed to create and maintain your account
- Personal data provided by contacting us through our website
- Service data
- Information collected by Google Analytics while you navigate through the Site, in order to help us improve the Service.
A detailed list of Personal data needed to create and maintain your account, and why we collect it:
Your name, surname and email address. This lets us create and maintain your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, product announcements and software updates, as well as answer to your assistance requests. In addition, we may use your Personal data to send you marketing emails. We don’t use information about any content that is in your account for any purpose other than to make sure it is available to you when you use the Service. We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, location from where you are logged in and similar information. This information does not identify any individual except where user settings are configured by the user to provide personal data. They are collected in order to help us improve the Service.
A detailed list of Personal data needed to contact us through the Site, and why we collect it:
When you want to send us a message through query that can be found on the Site, we ask for the following details: Your name, email address, phone number (optional) and name of the company (if one exists; optional). We store and use the data thus collected in order to be able to send you a response. When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
III. Log Files and Local Storage
When the Site is being used, certain data known as “Usage data” is always created.
1. Log files
Whenever you visit the Site or send us emails, the device you are using communicates through the Internet with our servers designed to receive the data concerned, or on which the relevant content is stored. When this happens, so-called log files are created on our servers that collect certain impersonal Usage data – such as the operating system used on your device, the start and finishing time of each session on the website, and the volume of data transmitted. The IP address allocated to your device at the time is stored in the log files in anonymous form; the log files that are created do not contain any Personal data. We use the log files solely to help us analyse and remedy faults affecting the availability of our servers, and for the purpose of statistical analysis. This also applies for the IP addresses contained in the log files.
2. Local storage
We are utilizing browser local storage technology to store your preferences and make your user experience more consistent. Like cookies, you can control how local storage works on your browser settings on a global or website specific manner. Please note that disabling the local storage functionality on your browser will result in loss of functionality of the map and other features of the Site.
IV. Information Access and Disclosure
About WolkAbout sharing your Personal data or Content:
WolkAbout is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
About WolkAbout accessing your Personal data or Content:
As a rule, WolkAbout employees do not monitor or view your Personal data or Service data stored in the Service, but it may be viewed in the following cases:
- If we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required.
- If we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service.
- Your Service data also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of WolkAbout and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
One example of possible use of your Service data is due to statistical analysis, where data of all users will be aggregated and analyzed as one. Your Service data will thus not be linked to you. We use the results of this analysis to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Service, as well as to develop new features and products.
V. Information, Correction, Erasure, Blocking
On request, we will be pleased to inform you at any time whether we have stored any of your Personal data, and if so which. You can also demand at any time that we correct, block or erase your Personal data; to do this, please contact us by email at email@example.com. The only data excluded from erasure is that needed for completing any outstanding tasks or for asserting claims or rights to which we are entitled, and data that we are required to retain by law; this data will be blocked.
VI. Data Ownership and Security
Your Service data belongs to you and you are free at any time to export it provided that you have not asked for deletion of the data or that you have not cancelled your account on the Service. We take technical and organisational steps to ensure that your Personal and Service data are protected against unauthorised access by third parties. Moreover, your Personal and Service data can only be accessed at WolkAbout by persons who are authorised to do so, and even then only to the extent required in connection with the aforementioned purposes. Encryption is always used for transmitting data that is collected during registration or access to the WolkAbout IoT cloud.
VIII. How to Contact Us